Born in the Republic of Panama on July 28th, 1941.
Spanish, French, Italian and English.
Hobbies and Activities
Horseback riding, fishing, hunting, and cattle raising.
- LL.B., University of Panama, 1964
- Docteur en droi, University of Paris, 1970, Thesis: “La Simulation Dans Les Contrats en Droit Civil Panaméen”
- Comparative Law, University College, Londres, 1969.
- License Certificate: 1964
- ICAZA, GONZÁLEZ-RUIZ & ALEMÁN, Partner since 1979.
- Arbitrator for the Panama Conciliation and Arbitration Center.
- Former Assistant Professor of Civil Law, University of Panama, School of Law (1966 – 1967).
- Professor of Civil Law at Universidad del Istmo, School of Law.
- Panama Bar Association; Conciliation and Arbitration Center of Panama (CeCAP); Member of the Agricultural Cooperative of Bejuco, Chame and San Carlos; E-IURE.
- “La Responsabilidad Extracontractual Civil en el Derecho Panameño”, (Tort Liability under Panamanian Civil Law) laureated graduate thesis published by the University of Panama, 1965 and “La Simulation dans les Contrats en Droit Civil Panaméen” (Simulation in Contracts under Panamanian Civil Law); “La Presunción Muciana,” published by Revista Lex (Panamanian Bar Association Review, 1994-1995); “Opinión legal acerca del Sistema Panameño de Quiebra para el Mundo” presented by Panama in “Foro de Insolvencia Latinoamericano for the World Bank, 2004”.