Luis Arturo Martínez
With over ten years of experience in providing trust services, Luis Martínez is the Deputy Manager of Icaza Trust Corporation. His practice involves Trust, Estate Planning and Administration for high net worth individuals, mostly with families in Latin America, with a particular emphasis on tax compliant structures.
He advises high net worth individuals on a range of private wealth matters, including Estate Planning/Trust & Estate Administration, Business Succession Planning, International Estate Planning, Corporate Law and Securities.
Luis is an expert on Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) matters and related regulations such as CRS and FATCA. He participated in the first round of the FATF revision to Panama’s Standards in 2015.
He is an active member of the Panama Bar Association and the Panamanian Association of Business Executives (APEDE, for its acronym in Spanish). He also participates as a member and legal adviser ad honorem of the Asociación Nacional de Ganaderos (National Cattlemen’s Association) and the Lion’s Club.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law and Political Sciences, Universidad Santa María La Antigua, (2005).
- Master in Corporate Law, Universidad de Barcelona, Spain, (2006).
- Postgraduate Degree in Fiduciary Training, Instituto Bancario Internacional, (2015).
- Certificate in Anti-Money Laundering (Panama) issued by CLT International Ltd, Londres and The University of Manchester, (2018).
- License Certificate: 2005
- ICAZA TRUST CORPORATION
- Lawyer since 2015.
- Overseas Management Company, Inc.
- Director Service Manager (2011 – 2015)
- Blue Diamond Realty Inc.
- Legal Manager of the Legal Department (2008 – 2011)
- Ballard & Ballard
- Legal Assistant (2001 – 2004)
- He participated in the review of the Financial Action Group (GAFI) in Panama (2016).
- Panama Bar Association
- Panamanian Association of Business Executives (APEDE, for its acronym in Spanish)
- Member and legal adviser ad honorem of Asociación Nacional de Ganaderos
- Member and legal adviser ad honorem of Club de Leones del Istmo
In his spare time, Luis enjoys horse riding, cattle rising and hiking.