Roberto R. Alemán H.
Roberto Alemán has been a partner at Icaza, González-Ruiz & Alemán since 1987, and he is now member of our partners of counsel. He specializes in Corporate Law and Trust Services.
Roberto has also been involved in public service, as the Ambassador of Panama before Belgium.
He has been recognized for his work advising family offices and high net worth individuals and on a broad range of succession planning issues by Chambers and Partners and Who’s Who Legal, and for his work in Banking and Capital Markets by IFLR1000.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts-Government, Georgetown University, Washington D.C., USA, (1974).
- Juris Doctor, Louisiana State University, USA, (1977).
- License Certificate: 1978
- ICAZA, GONZÁLEZ-RUIZ & ALEMÁN
Partner since 1987
Associate (1977 – 1987).
- Embassy before the Belgian Kingdom and to the European Economic Community, Ambassador (1990 – 1991).
- Cervecería Nacional, S.A., Member of the board of Directors.
- Refrescos Nacionales S.A., Member of the board of Directors.
- Director of Banco del Istmo, S.A, Alternate Director (1984 – 2006).
- Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture of Panama, Director of Juridical Commission (1987 – 1988)
- Panama Bar Association.
- Multilaw (Association of Independent Law Firms).
Awards and Recognition
- Chambers and Partners Global
- Chambers and Partners Latin-America
- IFLR 1000.