Estefanía Alemán is the General Manager of Icaza Trust Corporation and holds a position in its Board of Directors.
She is a founding member and President of the “Asociación de Empresas Fiduciarias de Panamá”, an organization constituted by Panamanian trust companies which end is to work together to promote Panama as an international financial center and to strengthen the Panamanian jurisdiction’s anti-money laundering and corporate governance processes to create a transparent and robust environment to host financial transactions.
As General Manager and Director of Icaza Trust Corporation, Estefanía leads a team of over fifteen staff members and supervises the administration of more than one hundred and fifty trusts. She heads the constitution, implementation, and administration of estate planning and commercial trusts, including administration, payment source, credit, and public trusts. In addition, Estefanía directs and leads processes such as preparing legal documentation of the trusts, developing their process manuals, and their daily operation.
Her wide range of expertise also includes developing administrative and operational controls of fiduciary procedures and the supervision and control of risk mitigation and anti-money laundering processes related to the provision of services by the trust company.
- Bachelor´s Degree in Law and Political Science, Universidad de Panamá, (2016).
- Juris Doctor, American Washington College of Law, USA, (2013).
- Bachelor of Arts and Science with a major in History and Foreign Affairs, University of Virginia, USA, (2010).
- License Certificate: 2016.
- ICAZA, GONZÁLEZ-RUIZ & ALEMÁN
- Associate since 2014.
- ICAZA TRUST COPORATION
- General Manager since 2015.
- Deloitte Panamá
- Tax Intern, (2012).
- The Nature Conservancy
- Legal Intern, (2012).
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Panama
- Law Clerk, (2011).
- Panama Bar Association.
- American Chamber of Commerce of Panama (AMCHAM).
- STEP (The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners).
In her spare time, Estefanía enjoys traveling, practicing yoga and healthy cooking.