Born in the Republic of Panama on February 22nd, 1950.
Spanish, English and Italian.
Hobbies and Activities
Bullfighting and horseback riding.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law and Political Sciences, Universidad de Panama, (1973). Thesis: “La Excepción del Contrato no Cumplido”.
- License Certificate: 1973
- ICAZA, GONZÁLEZ-RUIZ & ALEMÁN, Partner since 1973.
- Nautical School of Panama, (1978 – 2000).
- Maritime Court, Alternate Judge, (1991 – 2000)
- National Council for the Development of the Maritime Sector (CONDESMAR, for its acronym in Spanish). General Coordinator and Full Member (1992 – 1994).
- Executive Branch
- Member of the Drafting Committee of the Cabinet Decree N°33 of February 9th, 1990, whereby the Regional Offices of the Merchant Marine are created.
- Maritime Labour Tripartite Commission, Main Member (1990 – 1994).
- Drafting Commission of the Law which created the Maritime Courts and its procedural rules. Deputy member (1978 – 1982).
- Member of the Panamanian Association of Maritime Law.
- Vice-President and President of the Association of Maritime Law (1986 – 1988).
- Member of the Iberoamerican Institute of Maritime Law.
- Vice-President of the Iberoamerican Institute of Maritime Law.
- Full Member of the Maritime International Committee.
- Compilation of Merchant Marine Laws Regulation, 1984.
Awards and Recognition
- Chamber and Partners Global
- Chamber and Partners Latin-America.