Born in the Republic of Panama on June 24th, 1935.
Spanish and English.
Hobbies and Activities
- Bachelor of Law and Political Sciences at the University of Panama. Thesis: “Notes on Administrative Controversies”, 1959.
- Master of Arts at University of Tennessee. Thesis: “Judicial Control of the Public Administration”, 1964.
- License Certificate: 1960
- ICAZA, GONZÁLEZ-RUIZ & ALEMÁN, Partner since 1967.
- Banco Nacional de Panama, Head of the Legal Department (1964 – 1967).
- Supreme Court of Justice, Alternate Justice of the Panama Supreme Court of Justice, (1990 – 1999).
- Superintendency of Banks of Panama, Ad-honorem advisor on Money Laundering. (2000).
- Member of the Commission of Truth, regarding the crimes of the imposed military dictatorship from 1968 – 1989. “Final Report… The truth shall set you free.”
- Founding President of the Panama chapter of Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP), 2004 – 2008.
- Ad-honorem member of the commission appointed by the Panamanian Government for the drafting of a preliminary draft bill regarding the press, 1990.
- Legal Advisor of the Panamanian Government for the modifications of the Law Decree #9 of February 26th, 1998 whereby the banking system was amended and the Superintendence of Banks was established.
- Participate in the elaboration of draft of laws: Trust Law, Leasing Law, Law to engage in the Legal Profession (1984), among others.
- Temporary Professor of Comparative Public Administration and Political Sciences, University of Panama, 1964-1967.
- Speaker at local and international conferences in the subject of Trusts and Private Interest Foundations.
- Panama Bar Association (Vice President 1979 – 1980 & 1980 – 1981).
- Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP).