Born in the Republic of Panama, January 22nd, 1986
Mariela I. de la Guardia Oteiza
Areas of Practice:Corporate Law, Company Formation, Panama Private Interest Foundations, Intellectual Property, Data Protection, Contracts, Administrative Law, and Public Contracting.
Spanish and English.
Hobbies and Activities
Cooking, reading historical novels, playing soccer, and baseball.
- Master of Law (LL.M.), Northwestern University, School of Law, Chicago, Illinois, USA. (2009).
- Bachelor Degree in Law and Political Sciences, Santa Maria La Antigua University, Cum Laude. Panama, (2007).
- Tax Diploma, Universidad Especializada del Contador Público Autorizado (UNESCPA), Panama,(2012).
- Postgraduate Degree in Public Procurement, Santa Maria La Antigua University, (2018).
- License Certificate: 2008
- ICAZA, GONZÁLEZ-RUIZ & ALEMÁN
- Partner since June, 2019
- Associate Attorney since 2009
- Legal Assistant: Intellectual Property; Corporate Law; Litigation (2004 – 2007)
- Panama Bar Association
- American Chamber of Commerce
(AMCHAM) – Secretary of the Board of Directors and Director 2019-2022, former Vicepresident of the Board of Directors 2020, former Director of the Tax and Legislation Committee, Member of the Trade and Investment Committee;
- Panamanian Association of Intellectual Property Law (APADEPI)
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Famous and Well Known Trademarks committee member
- WIP Panama
- Member of the Women’s Corporate Directors (WCD)