Born in the Republic of Panama, January 22nd, 1986
Mariela I. de la Guardia Oteiza
Areas of Practice:Administrative Law, Company Formation and Management, Contracts, Corporate Law, Public Contracting, Panama Private Interest Foundations, Intellectual Property, Communications & IT
Spanish and English.
Hobbies and Activities
Cooking, playing soccer, and baseball.
- Master of Law (LL.M.), Northwestern University, School of Law, Chicago, Illinois, USA. (2009).
- Bachelor Degree in Law and Political Sciences, Santa Maria La Antigua University, Cum Laude. Panama, (2007).
- Tax Diploma, Universidad Especializada del Contador Público Autorizado (UNESCPA), Panama,(2012).
- Postgraduate Degree in Public Procurement, Santa Maria La Antigua University, (2018).
- License Certificate: 2008
- ICAZA, GONZÁLEZ-RUIZ & ALEMÁN
- Partner since June, 2019
- Associate Attorney since 2009
- Legal Assistant: Intellectual Property; Corporate Law; Litigation (2004 – 2007)
- Panama Bar Association
- American Chamber of Commerce
(AMCHAM) – Vicepresident 2020 and Director 2019 – 2020, Former Director of the Tax and Legislation Committee, Member of the Trade and Investment Committee;
- Panamanian Association of Intellectual Property Law (APADEPI)
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Famous and Well Known Trademarks committee member
- WIP Panama
- Member of the Women’s Corporate Directors (WCD)