Born in the Republic of Panama, May 3, 1962.
Luis A. Chalhoub M.
Areas of Practice:Administrative Law; Banking and Finance; Capital Markets; Consumer Protection & Competition; Contracts, Insurance and Re-Insurance; Panama Trusts; Trust Services.
Spanish and English
Hobbies and Activities
- Southern Methodist University, USA: Research Assistant in the Chair of Private International Law, 1986.
- Santa María La Antigua University, Panama: Professor of Commercial Law, Introduction to Law and Fiscal Law at the Law School.
- Inter-American University of Panama: Professor of Principles of International Commercial Contracts, Banking Contracts and New Commercial Contracts, Law School (Post-Graduate).
- University of Panama: Professor of Principles of International Commercial Contracts, Faculty of Law (Post-Degree).
- License Certificate: 1985
- ICAZA, GONZÁLEZ-RUIZ & ALEMÁN, Partner since 2013 – Associate (2000 – 2012).
- Commission of Free Trade and Consumers Affaires (CLICAC), Legal Executive Director (1997 – 1999)
- Colon Free Zone, Legal Counsel (1991 – 1997).
- Sistemas Jurídicos, S.A., Director of Legislation (1989 – 1990)
- Arellano, Chalhoub & Asociados, Partner
- Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP), Responsible of the Academic Commission, President of the Panama Chapter (2012-2014).
- International Law Society.
- Panama Bar Association, Panamanian Association of Executives (APEDE), of which he has been the Chairman of the Juridical Commission of APEDE (2002 – 2003 and 2003 – 2004) Director and Secretary to National Matters (2003- 2004 and 2004 – 2005), Chairman of the CADE Commission (2009), Assistant General Secretary (2011 – 2012).
- Panama contributor of the publication “Doing Business” of the World Bank, (2006 2015)
- “Mergers & Acquisitions” 2013 – 2015 – Panama Chapter, Getting the Deal Through, Law Business Research, London.
- Co-author of the “Conferences about Panama Trusts, Panama Private Interest Foundations and its main uses in Panama, 2005.
- Casuistry of the Trust subject to the Analysis of the Panamanian Courts.
- Co-author of the Panamanian Chapter on the International Commercial Fraud, published by Sweet & Maxwell (2002).
- Author of Legislation Index (Indice de Legislación), Sistemas Jurídicos (1990).
- Co-author of the West’s Spanish-English / English-Spanish Law Dictionary (1986).